Tuesday 31 March, 2009

ಮುಂದುವರಿದ ಸಮಸ್ಯೆ ಪರಿಹಾರವೆಲ್ಲಿ

After a long time my broadband connection was reestablished. What was said by Mr. K.M.Bhat was believable at that time. He said that chloropyriphose is systemic poison. Hence whole plant become poisonous.The grubs which directly contacted the poison will die. Those which escaped direct contact will die when it eats arecanut roots.The poison will remain in the soil for about 20 years in dry weather. It may remain for 3 years in the open conditions. Hence I may have to apply poison for every 3 years. Days passed.I did not wanted to give root grub second chance to reemerge. Hence I decided and applied chloropyriphose second time in the month of May which is the right time of treatment.The price of arecanut had fallen to 40 rupees from 150 rupees at that time. But rootgrubs emerged in the monsoon period . Then I started to talk about this problem with every one. Several suggestions came forward. As grubs feed upon organic matter organic fertilizers must be avoided.Only chemical fertilizers must be applied to the plot. Grubs will die if it is submerged under water. I asked our workers to dig arecanut pits between two plants. My idea was to put organic matter in those pits. Then organic matter wont had direct contact with the plants. I put P.V.C.pipes at the end of drainage canals,so as to close it whenever necessary. I tried to submerge the plot under water in the month of August. But I could submerge only two patte or four lines of the plot.After one week when the drainage was opened we observed a few dead grubs. But the problem is that we cannot do this experiment in the whole plot. Because the plot is sandy in nature. But what I observed in summer period is disgusting. Grub problem was visible in extended area.

No comments:

Post a Comment