Sunday 25 September, 2011

HURRAY GRUBS ARE UNDER CONTROL

   Last week Dr.Kumar came to my plot. As usual sampling was done.He observed that number of grubs which may had been there at the time of insecticide application was drastically reduced.But new fresh grubs were found.He said that from the size of the grubs it may be L.lepidophora or some other species which were not root grubs.The size was so small that identification was difficult.
   On my question, he said that earlier it was believed that only one type of the grubs were in one field. But in some places it was observed that when Burmistry was controlled Lepidophora  attack started.What happened in my plot could be answered only after a few months.
    Since the number of grubs found was very small he advised me that this year forking[agate] is not necessary.I became very happy person now because finally he too agreed that the problem came under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment